Monday, August 18, 2008

Connections

We went to another church this past Sunday. This one was in Vernon Hills which is about 12 miles away. Traveling up here is somewhat different. In Texas 12 miles would be about 12 minutes, but up here it took us a little under 30 minutes to get to the church. It is a new way of thinking.

The attendance at the church was about the same as the other church we visited. Everyone was so nice to us. We ended up staying 30-45 minutes after the service talking with people. We had met the preacher before service who grew up in a town in east Texas, not far from where Travis is from. I think he said it was Gilmer, Texas. After the service I got to talking with the preacher's wife and through our conversation I mentioned that I went to ACU. She then told me that her son teaches at ACU--Steven Moore! I was in two of his English classes and, like every other ACU student, loved the class! While I was talking to some other people, Mrs. Moore called Steven on her cell phone. So I got to chat and catch up with Mr. Moore--so much fun. I love finding random connections with people!

No comments: