Wednesday, February 17, 2010

V-Day and 2nd Anniversary



Travis and I had a wonderful long weekend. Because he does not have a test for three weeks, he is a little more relaxed. We spent Saturday running all kinds of errands, including grocery shopping. I was told about this grocery store in Kenosha, Wisconsin which has wide varieties of food. It reminds me a bit of HEBs in Texas. Another reason to venture to this grocery store was the fact that a Sonic lurked somewhere in the town. Unfortunately we were unsuccessful in the Sonic search. My dreams of a vanilla Diet Coke quickly slipped away. Other than that our Saturday was quite enjoyable.

For Valentine's day Travis bought me flowers which are pictured above (one of the roses being from my dad--a tradition since I was a little girl). Travis also bought me one of those Betty Crocker Warm Delight desserts--perfect. We then ventured to Outback for dinner. We started a tradition when we were dating of going to Outback and ordering two appetizers to split. We did have to wait about an hour and a half for a table, but it was worth it.

On Tuesday we celebrated our 2nd Anniversary. Instead of buying each other Christmas gifts, we saved the money to use on our anniversary dinner. We have started another tradition of going to very nice restaurants to celebrate our anniversary. This year we went to a restaurant called Lovell's of Lake Forest. This restaurant is owned by Jim Lovell from Apollo 13 fame. We were told that we occassionally drops by and talks with people in the restaurant. Unfortunately he did not come by the night we were there. The restaurant had valet parking. (I seem to thing of Ferris Bueller's Day Off when I go somewhere with valet parking, wondering if our car is being driven all over the town while we eat, but I digress.) The walls are decorated with all kinds of memorabilia from the mission as well as the movie. Our table was right next to a poster of the Apollo 13 movie which was personally addressed to Jim Lovell from Tom Hanks. We started off with fresh made bread that was so moist and warm. Travis ordered the rack of lamb with creamed spinach. I ordered the special of the night which was a lot more food than I realized. It was a filet and 2 tiger prawns. I've never had tiger prawns before and thought they were normal shrimp. They were massive, good, but massive. I was only able to eat half of my food. When Travis made the reservation he mentioned that it was our anniversary. As a gift, we received a free dessert that was amazing! It was a warm chocolate cake with chocolate sauce on top. On the side of the plate Happy 2nd Anniversary was written in chocolate. We spent 2 hours at the restaurant enjoying the food and the atmosphere. It was a wonderful anniversary!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Late happy anniversary. And, I feel the need to rub in the fact that I found a Sonic this weekend and got to eat there! It was amazing.

Kristi said...

Aww! Sounds like a nice weekend. Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been two years! But come to think of it, I asked your mom how your anniversary went last year when she came to see me and baby Benjamin in the hospital. Love you guys!