Monday, September 21, 2009

I apologize for the lack of blogging. Well, I am on my 4th week of the new job and enjoying it so much more! My first day was rather boring because I went through orientation. The second day was my actual first in my office area. I found out that day that I was going to be sole person for the Chicago Medical Admissions. The girl I had met on my interview was switching to another department. (I am so thankful she is still in the building because I call her daily with questions). So the past few weeks have been all about digesting large amounts of information as well as keeping everything moving. As of right now we have a temp receptionist who helps me with the phones, filing, and mail. However, there is the possibility of her leaving at anytime which will not be good. Our department has gone through major changes and is looking to hire a couple more admissions people to help out.

The Chicago Medical School receives 8,000-10,000 applications a year. That is way too much for one person to handle! Right now I am learning how to manage what needs to get done each day and pass on jobs to others to help get it done. So far I have helped run an interviewer training session, a tour guide training session, a Q and A session with a prematriculation group at the school, and sat in on my first committee meeting. Next Tuesday is our first interview day which I am busy getting ready for. My Mondays and Tuesdays from next week until early May will, for the most part, be overrun by interviews. One of the good things about this job is there is always something that needs to be done...and the days just fly by!

This Friday I am headed to Texas for Heather's wedding. I am truly looking forward to coming home and spending time with some very dear friends.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Yay! I can't wait to see you this weekend! I've been stalking your blog for updates and I'm glad to finally hear about your new job. It sounds like you're super busy--they're lucky to have you.