Friday, August 14, 2009

Update--Good News!

I apologize for my lack of blogging, and I know some of you are interested to know about the job prospect. I finally have something to tell. For awhile I thought that the position had been filled without me knowing. I found out via Travis that the school was on a hiring freeze for awhile. This Wednesday I received a call from the lady I interviewed with back in July. She explained that the school had been going through some department changes, and she will no longer be over the admissions department. She had showed my resume to the lady who would be taking over and wanted to set up a time for her to meet me. I gave her some dates for next week and waited to hear back. Friday came and I hadn't heard anything. I needed to know before the day was out so I could put in a time off request.She called me later that day to report some good news. It hadn't worked it's way completely through all of the channels, but I was offered the job! She told me to act surprised when HR called with the offer. They need me to start as soon as possible, so I was more than happy to turn in my two week notice before leaving work today. I can make it two more weeks, knowing there is an out.

Travis finished his summer class and clinical work last week and had this week off, though he stayed very busy. He was an Orientation Administrator for the new podiatry class. He had a small group of students, around 8, who he led and gave advice to. He and his friend Chris also spent the week cleaning the anatomy lab and getting it ready for the new class. He told me stories about that which I will not share on this blog. Feel free to ask him about it. When I returned home from work each day this week he was incredibly tired. We decided he needed a week off from his week off. Monday he officially starts his second year of school--his last year in the classroom. I know he is very ready to get the classwork over and start his externships.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Erin!

Rachael said...

Congratulations Erin!! So glad you got the job and that you are so excited about it! Thanks for keeping us updated :) ...

hannah said...

yay! congrats!

Kristi said...

Wahooo!!!! Go girl!